Art Component: Students are creating a garden around a theme they have chosen. This garden is presented on a poster during a poster session at the end of the unit. Cooperative Learning Components - 1. Positive Interdependence: Students create their groups based on a common interest in a theme for their garden. Once in groups they must create a timeline of what they would like achieved b the end of each week and how they will divide the responsibilities.
2. Individual and Group Accountability: Each group member will discuss how their other members worked and state what grade they think they each should receive based on the effort given.
3. Group Processing: Members process the group work during the time they explain how each member worked and what grade they should receive. (above explanation)
4. Social Skills: Students will be taught how an effective group works together by their teacher. They should have already practiced this skill by the time they do this assignment.
5. Face-to-Face Interaction: Members work on this assignment together in class.
6. Specific Task: The task will be explained in depth in stages in their specific class. English explains they will build a garden that is represented by a certain theme they choose. Biology will have them learn more about the plants and the best placement for them. Math will go further and calculate the cost to build a garden.
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.